Ohhh I’ve only got a chapter left of The Power of Habit (there’s literally 12 pages). But it’s almost 8pm and I’ve got to do some reflecting/reviewing.
Just quickly about this book — a few things I have learned:
– sometimes you are not aware of your habits
– you can only change your habits once you are aware of them
– willpower and belief are a neccesity if you want to change
– it is much easier for you to change if you are part of a group/community trying to change (at least two people are needed)
– habits are formed to save time and for the brain to use less work
– when you resort back to your habits, it’s because you’re lazy
– when you begin a good habit, your brain changes and you unknowingly start more good habits, these are called small wins
Anyway these were some interesting things that I thought were interesting. It definitely gives me some new perspectives in life!😃
Yoga was so challenging today, it was some deep stretches and upper body work but it was actually a lotta fun. I think my posture has improved and I’m becoming more flexible which I’m so happy about. Yoga really leaves me feeling so reinviogorated and rejuvanated. I looked in the mirror today and I was like dang, I’m 29 soon and it doesn’t seem like I have aged much in the last umm like 15 years😂😂I wonder when I’ll get to 35, if I’ll look like I’m 35 or not? Haha.😂😂
Meditation went so quick today. When I noticed I had been meditating for 33 minutes, I honestly could have meditated for much longer than that but I was pretty short for time.
I ate super healthy today and I’m feeling pretty good. I’m pretty stoked with today’s efforts.
It’s good to be back. And I mean it’s nice to have this attitude back — the one where I’m receptive, open and compassionate.